Jan 9, 2009

Reality check

We were all snuggled up on the bed , having just finished reading a story when my tender-hearted , 5 year old  offered to give me a  back rub. I was most definitey enjoying the moment....even thinking I might doze off for a minute when suddenly.....SMACK!  He took that sweet little hand and slapped me right on my side where my.....ahem.....'muffin top' resides. 


"OUCH!" I said angrily...... "What was that for????" 

"I was giving you a spanking on your butt" he replied.

"Well....that's not my butt......its my side" I explained.

A few moments of silence followed and I began to settle back into my happy, sleepy state of mind only to have him break the silence with this.....

"Mommy....you might want to know this. Your "side" has a little bit of your butt on it!"

(Its a good thing he's so cute.....)



 

8 comments:

summer said...

You make me laugh ;P

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

Oh what comes out of the mouths of babes....my youngest has informed me of certain "areas" that need attention as well. Thank you for the giggle.

Amy Byrd said...

Feel confident in knowing you aren't the only one around here with 2 butts. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

you must be working alot and have not had time to blog therefore my entertaiment has been nothing,just checking your blog 10-15 times a day hoping you will have posted something anything to make me laugh. Aimee aka triaim

Anonymous said...

colleen
you must be working alot and not able to blog as much therefore my entertainment is nill however I do check your blog 10-15 times a day in hopes you had time to post anything- something to make me laugh. Blog soon!!
Aimee aka Triaim

BVB said...

LOL! You really need to get a job as a columnist for Parent's Magazine! That way you can get paid for the humiliation! :) Seriously, your stories always make my day--where do you come up with this stuff???

Also, thanks for the bday wishes!
xoxo, Leslie

Laura and company said...

I'm catching up on blog posts after a 2-month hiatus, and this is definitely one of the best!!!!

Laura and company said...

I'm catching up on blog posts after a 2-month hiatus, and this is definitely one of the best!!!!